Although we could define tourist experiences as the sensation or set of feelings a person has during a trip or visit to a place, in this section, you will find tourist experiences in activity or event mode. That is, they do not exceed 24 hours in duration and, therefore, do not require an overnight stay.
Some of the experiences will include transportation to the place of performance or during some part of its execution, and others will not.
Although most of them will be carried out immediately, some may also have a break, for example, for lunch.
Some examples of experiences include:
- Cultural tourism: visit with or without a guided museum, historical monuments, ruins and other sites of cultural interest.
- Adventure tourism: outdoor activities such as hiking, rafting, skiing or diving, among others.
- Nature tourism: explore national parks, nature reserves, and other places of natural beauty.
- Beach tourism: relaxing on a beach, enjoying water sports and sunbathing.
- Gastronomic tourism: taste the local food and discover the culinary culture of a place.
- Wellness tourism: rest, relax and improve your health in a spa or wellness centre.
There are many other possible categories and combinations of various types of tourism, such as cultural and gastronomic tourism and adventure and nature tourism, among others.